Dedicated line w/ upgraded parts or power cond?

Which would yield best results? A dedicated power line with upgraded outlet and power cable, or a power conditioner?
rockadanny
I'm somewhat confused(easily),can I safely use a 30 amp breaker if I wire the ground to the proper ground strip in the panel,even if my receptacles are 20 amp?

Most of us have gear that use 15 amp power cords which we plug into 20 amp receptacles on dedicated 20 amp line.
I'm somewhat confused(easily),can I safely use a 30 amp breaker if I wire the ground to the proper ground strip in the panel,even if my receptacles are 20 amp?
06-06-13: Lacee

NO, not per NEC code or your local AHJ.

Why would you want to? The current carrying guts inside a 20 amp breaker are the same as a 30 amp breaker. The difference between the two breakers is the thermal and magnetic trip mechanism.

A 20 amp Square D QO breaker will pass a one cycle inrush current of about 120 amps before it trips open.

A 30 amp QO will pass an inrush current of close to 300 amps for about 8 to 10 cycles before it trips open.

A 20 amp breaker will handle any dynamic peak current pulses from your power amp without any problem.
30 amp breakers requires the entire circuit be 30 amp compliant...breaker, correct awg, correct receptacles and plugs. Compare the 30 amp receptacle to the 20 amp and you'll know then.
Jea48. The reason Lacee might want to-and "might" benefit from -30 amp breakers is for the same reason Shunyata is focusing on transient current speed and steepness of the waveform. I appreciate you are absolutely correct; but a "fat feed" to some type of protected power conditioner may have the benefit of passing more voltage/current faster. (I appreciate the code rules. I'm talking hypothetically here- not encouraging anyone to burn down the house.
Ptss,I would tend to agree with your theory,because I did run the lines with 30 amp breakers when I had some solid state amps and to my ears it sounded better.

The amps I have now are old tube units, but they've had some updates and mods,so I was wondering if the 30 amp fuses would ring the last bit of performance out of them.

I too felt that 30 amp breakers just opened the floodgates a bit more when needed.

But since I used to bypass fuses until I got into the HiFi and AMR's,I think I'll not walk on the wild side with 30 amp fuses.

One's luck can only last so long.