Hook-Up Wires for Crossover

I am doing small DIY upgrade to replace stock resistors with
Duelund silver-carbon Cast resistors in crossover of my speakers . Since there is no space on crossover board for large Duelund Resistors , I have to mount them on seperate board and then use individual wires to connect each resistor on to PC board . When I checked internal hook-up wires in my speakers , from crossover to drivers , they are Siltech M20 G7 Silver-Gold wires (1% Gold used in alloy ) . They are 17 AWG thickness.
My questions are:
1)what wire should I use to join Duelund resistors to points on crossover ?
2) Must I use same Siltech M20G7 of 17 AWG ? (I suppose they will be too heavy - around 1.5 mm thick and also very expensive ! ) . Or can I use 20 AWG wire?
3) Can I use Mundorf or DH Lab Silver-Gold wire of 1 mm or 0.5 mm thickness?
4)Is it ok to use different makes of internal wires within a speaker ?
Total wire required is 10 to 12 meters , and such silver -gold wire cost quite a bit , especially if they are 17 AWG or 1.5 mm.
your suggestions and views will be welcome.
Thanks
radni
I asked Chris Johnson at Parts Connexion about his opinion. I said my options are Mundorf , Duelund and DH Lab . Within hours he replied " if you are trying to match tonal characteristics of Siltech M20G7 , then Mundorf is your best bet ,.... Without a doubt ! "
Considering views expressed here in this thread ,
I think I will go for Mundorf 1.0 mm
Thank you all guys for such involvement and helping me to make a decision . It gives me great satisfaction that this choice is backed by views and opinions of many experts here . This has proved to be a great forum again .
Sharad
I've been tried mundorf silver gold wire and neotech upocc silver wire for hook up, I prefered neotech for more open and dynamic than mundorf
I used Mundorf silver gold alloy wire on my cross over for installing Duelund resistors . They work great for me .