What format are most people using, and why?

Are most people just using WAV or another lossless format like FLAC?

I have personally used FLAC because of its ability to store metadata like cd and track name info, file sizes being ~25% smaller than WAV, ability to be streamed, and obviously the lossless aspect.

I am thinking about re-encoding my collection and was wondering what other people are using.

Thanks.
stealth403
FLAC. lots of live music in FLAC format on dimeadozen.com.

I use macamp lite to playback on my Mac.
Wave files. 24/96 wave files for all my analog recordings.Hard drive space is cheap and getting cheaper. I want my recordings preserved in the best format.
I don't understand why you feel 24/96 wave files are the best. Assuming you are ripping CDs, the data must be converted from it's native 16 bit to 24 bit. Wouldn't it be better to save bit perfect 16 bit copies than somehow converting it? If you feel that adding more bits somehow makes things sound better (I don't) then wouldn't it be better to store a perfect copy of the original and up convert on playback? Sooner or later an up-converter you like better will come along and you will be stuck with whatever your old converter produced.
I only use 24/96 when burning my vinyl onto the hard drive. Most of my cd's are burned at 16/44 and I don't like the effects of the up converters I have tried.