Mini office system?

Hi -

Can you recommend a budget mini system a small office? I have space for smallish speakers, and want an integrated amp/tuner/cd. I might add a PC network device someday, but not yet. Budget is $200-$300, and used equipment is great.

I hardly ever frequent my listening room anymore, but it has MF300 stuff in there, just as a point of reference. I could enlist this pair of budget BIC bookshelf speakers lying around unused, tho they seem wee big for the available office space, and I'd still need a recommend for something integrated to power/tune/CD them.

Thanks for your time & thoughts - Ralph
ralpheburns
Onkyo CS 210 paired with your BICs or better yet some Paradigm Atoms. Onkyo is about $170 on the internet.
I think you are right, I can make those unused BICs fit in the office somewhere - they even had the crossovers rebuilt. I'll check out that Onkyo mini unit, still wondering about others.
At that price point, you might consider another direction: Swan M200 active monitors, plus your PC. The Swans a bit hard to find, at the moment, but probably ranging from around 150 used to 200 new. They are not tiny, but they're the only thing you need, in addition to your computer. Just received a pair bought on Agon today, and am pleased. They compare quite favorably (though they won't go as loud) to my "odds n ends" office system of old NAD integrated, old Sony CDP, and some Rocket ELT surrounds. The Swans seem to me a space/$ elegant solution for small areas like bedrooms, and have the advantages of a PC source.

jmd