itunes backup suggestions

I use a Mac mini with an 1TB iomega external hard drive using firewire. I want to be sure that I have the iomega all backed up. What do you suggest?

Apple Time Capsule looks great but at 1TB it seems like to much money for something that will be used up soon.

Apple Airport Extreme with a inexpensive 2TB drive

or can I just use another iomenga Mini max hooked up to the current one via firewire and be done with it? These drives are so inexpensive..

Thoughts?
iwalker182
If you're going to copy two different drives to one backup drive you'll need to partition the backup drive so that it appears to be two separate drives. You can do that with the Disk Utility application that comes with the Mac OS.

Before you start using the backup drive use Disk Utility to create two partitions on it, one the same size as the internal drive of the Mini and the other with all the remaining space.

For instance, if you have a 1 TB drive as your backup and your Mini has a 160 Gb internal drive, create one 160 Gb partition on the backup drive to use as a clone of the Mini's internal drive and another partition that uses all the remaining space on the 1 TB drive. Theoretically that will be 840 Gb but in reality it will be somewhat less than that.

When you start up the backup drive it will show up as two separate drives, one the same size as your Mini's internal drive where you can clone the operating system and a second where you can backup your iTunes drive.
WOW! That's great. Thank you for the help. I will need to figure that out as I'm new to Mac...
Herman, I fudged the back up number, guessing, my Droboshare right now shows 2.98 TB of capacity, but you are right about the Drobo website. I have not spent $1000 on my Drobo/Droboshare and the 4 1 TB drives. I spent about $750 all in. Not cheap, but with my iTunes pathed there now I don't ever have to think about it, and as SATA drives get bigger I can continue to expand the storage.

I love this thing, after having so many hard drives, both internal and external die on me, and messing with storage and backup systems, this is the best option that I have found bar none.

Also, Drobo is slow?? It's instant, what is slow. I path everything there as a network drive and there it is. I have not wait for anything be it pictures, iTunes, documents, and let me say again, no data loss!!