Sorry for Q- Need help moving to music server.

Sorry for such a generic question.

Just not sure where to start. Probably a common question here for traditional audiophiles making the change. Here is my situation:

Have a moderately high end system of separate components.

Have about 500 CD's. A few SACD's.
Have about 20,000 CD's in mp3/wma/AAC format on a hard drives.

Wanting to start playing my digital files on my high end system.
Want to start ripping my CD's to high bit formats for digital playback.

Using an older cheap Sony CD player for a transport to send signal to a pretty nice DAC (Eastern MiniMax DAC plus) with upgrades from Morningstar. I do like the DAC lot.

(My TRL modded Sony CD/SACD player is not sending a digital out signal for some reason which has prompted me to reassess the whole front end of my rig now).

Anyway- ready to take the plunge to go to a digital music server based front end in my system.

I have high end Windows 7 based PC on a local home network.
I could run a 50 foot Ethernet cable from my router to a music server unit as it is all in same room if that helps, or of course do wifi on the local network.
Could also connect USB drives directly to a unit if better option. Dunno.

GOALS:

Play the files on my hard drives through my high end system.
Rip many of my CD's to digital to play back.

Use the new Eastern MiniMax DAC plus.It has multiple digital inputs ( AES/EBU, BNC, RCA, OPTICAL and USB) and uses the Sabre ES9018 DAC chips.

Would like to have a reasonable user interface to scroll through the Music folders. Would be hooked up to my 50" plasma if needed/possible.

I also am an Android user if that helps at all for interface.

Not sure what is best way to approach this.

Have been looking at various options-
OPPO 103/105
Pioneer N50 ,etc.

The options seem a little overwhelming actually.

Budget is maybe $500-$1000 or so.
Not married to the DAC. I guess I could sell it if in all in one box was as good.

Any ideas are welcome!

Thanks!
lkdog
Long time no hear Lkdog. Hope things are going well. I have been looking at this myself. Since your DAC has a USB input take a look at the VortexBox devices at Small Green Computer. They can connect to USB DAC, have ability to rip CDs, or allow you to transfer files over from other sources. Comes with a music player and you can use iPad or Android apps as the control point. A variety of HD sizing available too. Shoot me an email or give me a call sometime.
Oh they have Ethernet options too if you want to go that way. Send them an email they are very helpful when it comes to helping with configuration.
"Wanting to start playing my digital files on my high end system.
Want to start ripping my CD's to high bit formats for digital playback."

When you say rip CD's to high bit formats, are you talking about ripping to a format higher than CD? If so, don't bother. You can't get something more than what you started with.