Mint Condition, Doesn't Anyone Know What It Means

You used to see one or two things that said "MINT" condition, You new if it was over a month old that wasn't possible...Now I see Dynaco amps that are 40-50 years old, that say "MINT"...I don't think that I ever bought anything new or used that was mint....Do people know what it means ????
autospec
IMHO I take MINT to mean a USED item that is virtually indistinguishable from new and INCLUDES the original box, paperwork, and all of the "bits" that would ordinarily be received by the buyer if it were new. I see all to many items advertized as mint without the above description. . .it is simply misleading to the buyer. Items that are virtually indistinguishable from new without the box, papers, etc. should be labeled as 9/10, much as the seller might wish to disagree.
I like the ads that claim the item for sale is "minty". I'm not sure if they're describing to the aroma or the flavor.
When you guys buy my stuffff---I'll treat it with some mint oil---Hey; is that not minty???
I laugh when I see "minty", too. I think this term has been borrowed from coin collectors. When they say a coin is in mint condition, they mean it quite literally, as if it just came from the mint that made it (as alluded to above). The other grading trend that drives me nuts is "I graded it 7/10, but really more like 10/10". So what are we to believe? If we buy basesd on his assertion it's really 10/10, and complain, he can say he only gave it a 7/10? If you say it's really 10/10, and it isn't, you've still misrepresented the product, even if you graded it worse on the "official" grade. At least explain the diffenrece (i.e. "technically it recieved a 7/10 because if this particular scrartch, but with the platter mat in place, it doesn't show" or some such)