High definition FM broadcast's ?

Now a days especially the live PBS broadcasts are sounding pretty good. Will this format bring the audiophile back into the FM frey per say? Or will much still be lost from the studio to our refined listening ears ? Please advise as I am not knowledgeable in this area.
lithojoe
I could be wrong but I think that HDRadio is not in fact going to give us the greatest resolution the technology is cappable of. Digital radio broadcasts will be less prone to inteferance because you will either have the signal or not. It will allow for greater bandwidth but this will (just like HDTV broadcasts) be divided into multiple channels of content (three broadcasts using the bandwidth given for one broadcast) and surround sound of sorts (further dividing the available bandwidth).

No more listening to that faint NPR station through the static until you have driven out of the state.
My PBS station dropped almost all music except the saturday opera broadcast. They play all news and information programs (aka democrat party political propaganda).

Good news is there is a local commercial classical station that moved its broadcast point from a tower 40+ miles away to a tower less than 15 miles away from me.
Let's keep it to audio related comments please.
Some of us liberals are a little more than fed up with the current state of affairs.
If you don't like Public Radio don't worry, it won't be arround in it's current form for very long. The current administration has been bussy tinkering.
Let's keep it to audio related comments please.
Some of us liberals are a little more than fed up with the current state of affairs.
If you don't like Public Radio don't worry, it won't be arround in it's current form for very long. The current administration has been bussy tinkering.
So much for keeping the discussion audio related.

I do agree that if digital radio is like digital TV, one will no longer have the option of listening to less than ideal reception as the signal fades. It'll just go. Poof! I suppose in time we'll get used to the difference, and the sudden drop out won't seem like a big deal.