Senn 600 vs AKG 601or 701

Any thoughts or recommedations?
lightfla
Hi Lightfla,

I had exactly the same question and asked around a lot. I finally got the answer I went with from a sales rep at Headroom. He asked me what kind of regular speakers I like, and I defined my tastes in terms of my long love with ADS L810s. I absolutely loved their open and airy sound, and, when I added a subwoofer, I was very happy until my son blew them up listening to Magical Mystery Tour. I've never liked home speakers with a more closed, almost muted sound.

So, the Headroom guy recommended the AKG701s, presumably because they would resemble my old ADS 810s. I wasn't able to audition any of the phones I wanted to buy, and I'm still waiting for my AKGs. If they come in and I get an amp for them, I 'll see if I can't give you an update.

russ
Sounds from headfi that the 701's might be a little better, but the hype machine is running on full speed as people are getting their new phones and being excited about it.

Are there any brick and mortar stores that cary the 701's? Or are they on back order still for a month or more.
Still waiting for my 701s. The headfi debates rage on, of course. I'd like to find out what amps people are using with the AKGs. I'm considering X-cans, the Woo 3, the Little Dot III, and the Meier Corda Aria. Any experience?

rustler