1000.00 to spend what would you buy?

i started a simular thread but not too many people have given me any advice. i have a fisher x-202-b that i recently had work done to. overall i got the amp back with updated capacitors and the unit sounds dead. i want to upgrade to more modern equipment. i figure i have 1000 or so bucks to blow on something. what would be the best bang for the buck as far as a new amp/preamp would be? i listen to music at very low levels at night with dynaco a=25's so power is not the most important thing for me. would concider solid state as well if someone can point me in the right direction.
clevelandhifi
Aida w,
I think that a night with lady is much more tastier than justa dinna.
I'd dine some pizza and get laid probably in Argentina where I could get for a kilobuck the whole week every day with different chica.
A good high resolution frequency spectrum analyzer. You will be amazed a how much one learns from knowing the frequency response of various elements (including room) in one's system and how changes in the system affect the frequency response. Changes in frequency response is the most influencial part to sound systems and is regularly mistaken for 'speed', 'micro-dynamics', 'air', etc.