persoanlity and speaker preference

there may be a relationship between personality and speaker ownership.

owners of panel vs cone designs may differ with respects to aspects of personality.

it's a hypothesis which could be tested.

i have thought about presenting a personality inventory to memebers of an audiophile clube to which i belong, but have yet to do so.

there are persoanlity variables which may help to distinguish preference for panel vs box speakers.

can anyone suggest factors which when quantified could discriminate panel from cone speaker preferences ?
mrtennis
hi nilthepill, is it possible that you are an extrovert and or a linberal republican ?

that may explain your chice in speakers.
How about the relationship between worldview and speaker selection?

Darwinist Audiophile: "My stereo is a part of a larger cosmic accident, and I'm not happy with the sound. I need to stumble upon some fantastic new speakers."

Intelligent Design proponent Audiophile: "I organized my stereo to be irreducibly complex, but I don't like the sound. I need a new speaker plan."

You see, the bulk of audiophiles hung up on equipment are never happy. Like women and their hair. Never happy with it.

MrTennis, You say you want Magnepan 1.6's now. Later, it'll be something else. We know. You liberal psychoanalyst types are never happy. ;)
hi doug, i am an independent logical type, with a curiosity about human behavior.

the only reason i am buying the magnepans is the problem with one of my quad 63s. i need a bckup speaker. i doubt i will be replacing it soon, as i generally prefer panels over cones, except for an occasional foray into the world of mini monitors, which i would place on top of my quads.
Mr T. Although I am not an introvert, I border on extrovert while not completely adhere to the definition. Liberal Republican is kind of right description as far as my cars and audio prefreneces go. Other than that I am an maximum democrate. :)
The funny thing, that I also think that there is a linkage between one's personality and the characteristics of the soundprint of his or her system. Warm friendly people typically like warm, inviting, smooth, rounded sound - and their system do so. Other friend of mine, a young disco-lover, strong, loud, funny guy with race car like drving habit- has a JBL-Levinson system with lots of bass and omph and with shrilling highes. etc. Studying one"s listening habits and it system sound indicates personality traits and other way round.