Insurance for audiophiles

Hi,
I was wondering if you guys could help me get some insurance for my 2 channel system. Who do I talk to? Thanks
nickt
This should be covered with your homeowner's polict or your renter's policy. Check with your agent.
as unclejeff says, your stereo system is just one of the many items covered under your fire and theft policy.

you have two choices--full replacement value, or "market" value, with preiums varying accordingly.

if you own some expensive components which have poor resale value, you should consider replacement value.
IN my experience, at least in the US, the best (not cheapest) insurer is Chubb.
Be sure to have receipts for all your purchases, and serial numbers and photos. Take it from someone who has dealt with a burglary claim. The insurance adjuster is going to want proof of ownership of all the gear you are claiming...and he or she will likely not believe the value is what it is, or worse still, the adjuster will question your ability to afford the gear (because the adjuster is protecting the insurance company against a potential fraudulent claim for gear you never owned). Be prepared with more evidence than you think you will need. Trust me, you'll need it when the time comes.