Will a Full Page Ad Guarantee a Review?

Do you think there is a correlation between the two? Zucable has a full page ad in a major pub. How many months will that have to run to guarantee a review?
128x128warrenh
hi warrenh, have you considered the inverse, will a favorable review guarntee an advertising contract for a year ?
Reviewing and advertising are handled by completely different aspects of a magazine. Reviewers don't know whose ads will appear till they see the their copy of the issue.

The stastics have been posted ad nauseum but people don't seem to care about facts that don't coincide with their misconceptions...
Being a reviewer, I would have to say that Nrchy is correct. Normally I have no clue about who is advertizing in my magazine, and who is not.

Mrtennis, the answer is "NO" -- a favorable review will definitely not guarantee an advertising contract. Not at the mags I've written for, anyway.
I heard directly from a manufacturer/owner, that his product was reviewed and it was going to be a favorable review. Then he recieved a call from the magazine and they said the only way they could gaurentee the review got published was if he agreed to an advertising contract. He did not and the review was never published.
Nrchy,

Who are the facts coming from? The magazine? They would never lie, would they?