Most Useful Audio Adjective

I'm going with Liquid, which is an adjective I almost never use, yet when someone describes a system as sounding liquid, I know exactly what he/she means...I think.

To me, it describes a system free of edge, glare, hash and any other quality that pulls one's focus away from the music and onto the system.

Liquid approaches system nirvana.
tvad
You may snicker, and it's no adjective, but having a system that lacked this and now has it, I find the term "Immediacy" to go a long way in describing a system in a single word.
Great thread, Grant!

And, one that I have been struggling with since you initiated it. That being the reason it's taken me this long to come up with one. The term that resonates most with me is "holographic". Whenever it's used, I know EXACTLY what the person means.
The term that resonates most with me is "holographic". Whenever it's used, I know EXACTLY what the person means.
Trelja (Threads | Answers)
That one hits the sweet spot with me too, and I use "holographic" way too often in my own descriptions.

However, I'm changing my vote to "pipe-and-slippers". Even though I've never heard a system that I'd describe as being pipe-and-slippers, thanks to you I have a very good idea of what it'd sound like.
I think that Hef has one of those "pipe and slippers" systems at the Playboy mansion, and I am pretty sure that it features a reel-to-reel source. Only plays rat pack recordings though.