Most Useful Audio Adjective

I'm going with Liquid, which is an adjective I almost never use, yet when someone describes a system as sounding liquid, I know exactly what he/she means...I think.

To me, it describes a system free of edge, glare, hash and any other quality that pulls one's focus away from the music and onto the system.

Liquid approaches system nirvana.
tvad
The term that resonates most with me is "holographic". Whenever it's used, I know EXACTLY what the person means.
Trelja (Threads | Answers)
That one hits the sweet spot with me too, and I use "holographic" way too often in my own descriptions.

However, I'm changing my vote to "pipe-and-slippers". Even though I've never heard a system that I'd describe as being pipe-and-slippers, thanks to you I have a very good idea of what it'd sound like.
I think that Hef has one of those "pipe and slippers" systems at the Playboy mansion, and I am pretty sure that it features a reel-to-reel source. Only plays rat pack recordings though.
I remember reading an article in Stereophile,way back refering to a kid pounding on a piano on the 3rd floor above the street.Bad as it was,you knew it was not somebody's stereo. No equipment in the world can duplicate live,none! So it's no wonder we have so many adjectives trying to describe the unobtainable. Few have a room large enough to a accommodate the LSO,or such,so we compromise. Therefore I'm going with
"lifelike"____ "Liquid"?? Is that reference to a surf movie or just the Beach Boys?
"spiderweb LSD filagree"

Props to Herb Reichert in describing good SET sound.

Ok, it's not an adjective, but I can drop this in conversation daily.
To sum up my review of this system, the overall sound had an immediacy to it, a reach-out-and-touch-it,holographic lifelikeness that was tubelike, yet with a liquid texture that was emotionally satisfying. The sound was just plain and simple musical with a palpable you-are-there feeling, a completeness that words can't describe. It was, Oh...my...God!! I took out my pipe and slippers and listened to this heavenly sound for hours on end.