Any UFC fans out there?

I thought last nights UFC 66 Pay per view was excellent. I'm curious if there are many audio fans out there that are catching on to the UFC? The two interests seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum, but they have me hooked.
128x128pdreher
I boxed in my early 20's (light heavy), have been a big fan of pro wrestling for the last 30 years, and got hooked on UFC and Pride about 2 years ago. I even subscribe to the Wrestling Observer and Figure Foure Leglock. So, I am very much a mark for this stuff.

UFC promotes its fights in the old school way ... slow personality and feud builds that can't help but get you anxious to see the PPV. Liddell finally shut up Ortiz decisively last night. They were estimating in the area of 900 thousand to 1 million buys of the PPV.

MMA, in and of itself, is quite interesting. It utilizes submission style wrestling and striking, unlike collegiate and olympic style wrestling which is pin fall based.

BTW, another $10 well spent is to go see the new "Rocky Balboa" movie. The story is tied together very nicely.

Get It On!

Regards, Rich
I tried early on, it was much more brutalk yars ago. But I tapped out, it's just too violent for me. What I really liked early on what the presence of jiu jitsu with the Grace clan. But now it just seems like a bash your skull in bloodsport and it makes me sick to my stomach to watch the excessive skull bashing when a fighter is obviously dazed, confused and defenseless.

The last straw was when I was watching it and my wife was around and said anyone who watches that must be a manic. For some reason that just stuck with me and I don't want the mother of my children looking at me that way. Plus, it reminds me of a thing or two I saw in the city streets where men were truly trying to hurt someone and it was just the worst parts of humanity. I do enjoy boxing though and that's as far as I can go. These UFC refs need to be reprimanded for what they allow( or allowed, I haven't watched it in awhile.) At least in Boxing for the most part the refs try to protect the fighters (whether they like it or night.) I just hate to see what the mental state of these UFC fighters will be like as they get older. I will admit to it being a very exciting form of entertainment but too brutal for me, it's come a long way but still needs work, mainly little bit more conscience from the fighters to know when a man is defenseless and give the ref a moment before to bash the opponent in the head 3 more times when he was already knocked out to begin with. So basically, I was a fan but not anymore. If they continue to clean it up (which I presume they will) I would try to watch again.
The last straw was when I was watching it and my wife was around and said anyone who watches that must be a manic. For some reason that just stuck with me and I don't want the mother of my children looking at me that way.

Very nicely stated. Thanks for sharing your inner feelings.

Regards,