SRA VR vs. Ohio

I'm on the verge of investing in some vibration isolation platforms for my system. I use one digital box, a two chasis tube pre, mono SS amps, and speakers that have an outboard bass control so I would need 6 pieces in total. That would be some serious $$ if I went with all Ohio Base plus. I'm sure there are plenty out there who own the VR series and the Ohio Plus, so my question is, what differences do you notice between the two, and what components do you use with which?

I'm thinking about starting with all 6 VRs initially then trade up to a Ohios one at a time, starting with the mono amps, in a year or two but welcome any comments or suggestions.

Thanks.
speeddeacon
YMMV - your mileage may vary. In other words, or IOW (LOL - you must know that one...hah), there are very few, if any, absolutes...witness the difference in listening experience between Larry and I. Neither of us is wrong. This may be one of the most enjoyable aspects of this "hobby." Taking the time to critically listen to the additions/deletions in our systems forces us to reassess our efforts but in the end it is still about sitting down and reinvigorating our psyches through music.
Thanks Islandear for the translation! I couldn't agree more with the reinvigoration of psyche through music. TTYL.
Speeddeacon,

If I were you I would not settle for anything less than the VR series of SRA. Just get the ones for your amp first. As finances allow, get one for your preamp and later on for your source equipment. Just my opinion.
Speeddeacon,

I have twin Craz plus racks and a pair of Ohio Class XL plus2 isoBASES for my amps. This was way more money than I ever believed I would spend to support and isolate my components, but these SRA products and my dedicated AV electrical circuit system are the best money I have ever spent on audio and video. Other components may come and go in my system, but these are here to stay.

I researched audio isolation platforms from January to May last year. In the course of that research, I not only combed through the available threads here on audiogon and manufacturers' websites, but I spoke by phone with the manufacturers on my resulting short list. I also talked to some of my engineer and physics professor friends for help on who really knew what they were talking about.

It became apparent to me that Kevin Tellekamp knew more about audio isolation than all of the others combined. Besides that, he is a total perfectionist and a really great guy.

SRA is at the top of the food chain of audio component isolation. For sure, there are less expensive alternatives to SRA. I have not heard any of the SRA products other than the Craz plus racks and the Ohio Class XL plus isoBASES. However, personally I would prefer an entry level SRA product over any of the competition because I trust Kevin's science and art and I trust Kevin's character.

If you can swing the VR series over the Tremorless series of isoBASES, I would recommend that you do so because SRA's component specific platforms like the Ohio and VR classes are significantly better than the nonspecific platforms like the tremorless isoBASES.

Some SRA products are upgradable to support a variety of components and some are not. SRA products with the squared option are upgradeable. This includes the Ohio Class XL plus2 and the Craz racks. I don't know whether it includes the VR class, but you should ask Kevin.

It appears to me that you have reached the point in your research at which you should speak directly with Kevin Tellekamp if you have not already done so. Whatever you finally decide, I guarantee that you will be happy that you spoke directly with Kevin.

By now you can see that I agree with most of the comments made by others on this thread who have SRA products.

Best wishes for satisfaction in your component isolation search.

Ed
Ed

your dualing SRA Craz custom racks are producing major component envy. I'm in the process of a major analog upgrade of similar price. I'd love to get a craz 8 down the line and kick myself for not jumping on one I saw listed used here last summer

Tom