Home made power strips

My question relates to making an electrical box instead of buying a "audiophile" power strip. Would there be a difference between buying a well-made power strip for plugging in multiple components vs a 4 gang box, four high quality outlets (Hubbel or Oyeide), common grounding or star-grounding, separating digital from analog, and mounting it on the wall (unfinished area). It will have a dedicated AC line. Other than a solid copper casing or another form of RF shielding, would I be missing something? I don't want to go to the trouble of making it if there are reasons no to (something I haven't thought of). It would be substantially cheaper. Thanks!
tgrisham
Wagzel-Thanks for the info! I also am aware of B-P-T's PPC, $199 plus cord. I would still prefer to buy upgraded components and build it myself. I wonder if isolation from EMI and RFI in the box is important if the other AC cords are not shielded (most of mine are, PS Audio)? Where I live I don't seem to have much interference. Thanks again. All ideas are welcome!