Mapleshade brass tubedampers

Just wondering if anyone has used these,I would like to know what effect they have on the sound.Also how do they compare to others.Thinking about trying some in my preamp.Also you are welcome to comment on ease of use ect.
musik35
Has anyone tried MapleShade dampers -- or any other dampers -- on 6H30 tubes? I have an ARC Ref 3 and I'd like some indication of what to expect from anyone who has done the experiment of replacing the stock dampers with MapleShade, or other dampers. . . or removed dampers all together.
IME, the sound should get less hashy,with cleaner, tighter bass, and more natural tranparancy and warmth. Bear in mind that some dampers, Mapleshade included, act as shields that you can ground which adds (or subtracts actually) another dimension.
I love them. I noticed an improvement with them right off the bat, starting first with just the two 6U8A's. I've since added them to my 7189 output tubes as well. I would tend to agree with Piedpiper's characterization of the improvements noticible by using these brass anchors.

07-28-07: Piedpiper said:
"IME, the sound should get less hashy,with cleaner, tighter bass, and more natural tranparancy and warmth. Bear in mind that some dampers, Mapleshade included, act as shields that you can ground which adds (or subtracts actually) another dimension."
----

I noticed a nicer definition, for one thing, I like that. Yes you need to be careful and patient when fitting them, since tubes vary one to the other in size, even two of the specification do not always fit the same or easily, I did need to send a couple of the anchors back to have them expanded slightly. You can tweek them further by painting the insides only, with flat matte black spray paint. I have not been disappointed with any of the Mapleshade products. Each time I try something from them I'm baffeled at how such a simple thing can make such a nice difference in the overall sound.