Pet audiophile peeves - name yours

1. Power supplies that are not the same size or finish as the preamp. Who decided this was a good idea?

2. Ridiculous and obvious snake oil salesman
kublakhan
dealing with damage claims w/shippers. (UPS & FEDEX is worse) My advice is TRIPLE BOX....original double boxes & packing are compromised once they've traveled once. Put another padded box around the originals. Learn from me, don't go thru the hell I've experienced twice in the last 2 yrs.
Newbee, I run a spell checker. I wonderful invention for those of us who can't spell or type. It corrected six typos in this small post.

I run a spell checker. I wonderful invention for those of us who can't spell or type. It corrected six typos in this small post.

I'm guessing you don't also run the grammar checker, too.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
Posters who claim a component makes their system sound like a real/live performance and then after that component receives an update claim that the updated component is now somehow more real than before.

Which invariably leads to the expected result of:

Logic failure total; reader am implode.
On this site -- the constant demand that buyers pay the seller's PayPal fee. Some are even adding *more* than the actual surcharge.

This is nonsense. PayPal specifically prohibits this type of advertising; it is equivalent to charging a surcharge for using credit cards, which is illegal.

And it is in strict violation of the PayPal Seller Protection agreement -- meaning, if there is a problem with the transaction and the buyer cites the advertisement demanding fee payment, then the seller has no recourse to get PayPal to help recover his product.

I simply refuse to even consider ads that do this.

Sellers pay their own PayPal fees. If you want to recoup the cost of the fees, then add them inside and stop with the misleading low price.

A buddy of mine always wanted to open a 'handling store'. Just so sellers wouldn't have to go to all that trouble to handle products and then charge for it. Drop the package off, we'll handle it for you for a fee, then it is on its way to the buyer. Quick and simple.

Steve