Buying from Canada a hassle for you too?

I have had 3 nightmare transactions from Canada.
This ,I hope is not a reflection on Canadian Agon members,however, issues exist like never before.
I had a CD PLAYER held up at customs for 1 month by the FDA claiming it contained consumable goods.
I know the US does not want our senior citizens getting discounts on prescription drugs they need,therefore,everything must be getting delayed.

I can ship/get shipments from/to China,Russia and the Middle East easier and faster than Canada.

I guess it shows where our security priority is.

It's okay to mess with us just don't mess with those Pharmaceutical companies.

There is one common thing that does seem to occur with shipments fronm Canada.

And that is, they definately take their time shipping things to us.

I think most US Agon members try to ship the item as soon as they are paid or maybe a day or 2 later.

Canadian members like to take a week or so and then ship the item in a different manner than arranged.

These have been my experiences anyway.

I need to hear other stories,as I soon may not deal with Canada if this is the new norm
darealjaydee
Canada Post is the best bet if you want a shot at a duty-free transaction. The other carriers are sure to charge you any applicable duty (about 6 per cent) plus fees. Ground shipping will delay your package, though. Be prepared to practice patience.

If I can, I always use express service. It often does not cost much more and it means the gear spends less time shaking around (on a truck), as well as getting there faster.
As always, I would like to hear about any American buyer who has actually been charged anything on a shipment from Canada.

Technically, it should be happening, but I have no actual confirmed occurrence.
I will feel sorry for anybody (Goners' Included) that live In London, Canada that may want to purchase gear from the US and have It posted because there Is a possibility It may go via London UK first. The amount of Items the Royal Mail gets with Canada crossed out and the UK added Is a bad joke.
Riffer, I can bear witness to an American buyer's being charged on a shipment from Canada. The items in question were a pair of monoblock amps and the charges, which included duty, taxes and brokerage, came to about 10% of the sale amount. The carrier was FedEx Ground and the broker was FedEx Trade Networks.
Tobias, that is my working theory - That courier shipments get dinged and postal doesn't.

Also, the Fedex Ground shipment probably got hit with the big brokerage fee on top of everything -i.e. The big fee we get nailed with on US to Canada shipments using UPS Ground/Standard/Standard to Canada and Fedex Ground also applies going the other way.

Fortunately, most of what I ship is small enough for Canada Post.