Smallest room dimensions for good bass to 20hz

Woundering how small of a room can you build and still get good bass responce to 20 hz.
sarcher30
Is there a formula for figuring out how long (in footage) a given frequency is?
I thought a frequency of 20 hertz would be a wave 20 feet long between peaks.
So what does it mean if your SPL gets a good rolled off read when you play that frequency?
8f - high
15f,2" X 11f,2"
However, large room with good dimentions will always sound better then small room with good dimentions becouse: larger the space - more resonance modes which are more closly spaced in frecuency and will have smoother distribiution.
M.S
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best-sounding non-large listening rooms should have a length which is 140-230% (139-233% exactly) of their height (which for most of us can be normalized at 8' ±, more precisely 7.5'-9'), and their width should be within 5% (±5%, that is, or 93-110% exactly) of the geo-metric mean of length and height. The venerable 1:1.26:1.6 ratio
For an 8' ceiling, then, ideal length ranges from 11.1'to 18.6' (say 11-19') and width, provided it meets the geometric-mean (which I now dub least-cubes") restriction, from 8.8'to 12.8' (say 9-13').Within these limits, the larger the properly proportioned room, naturally, themore pleasing also its reverberation time below 500Hz-1kHz.

The Boston Audio Society - Vol. 17, Num. 6 May 1990
I get a compensated/corrected reading of 21Hz at -3dB in my 14x13 room at the listening position. That works just fine for me.

Arthur
Zippyy,

20 Hz = 20 cycles per second. A 20 hz sound wave is 56.6 ft long peak-peak.

Here is a link to a calculator which also list the formula:

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-wavelength.htm

Enjoy,

TIC