Stereophile or Absolute Sound

I have subscribed to both in the past. Maybe it's just me but now I almost cannot tell the difference. Which do you prefer and why.
xagwell
Stereophile by far. A more honest publication these days. Far better than any online zine.
I enjoy both,,I like reading Stereophile a bit more .But think Absolute sound has better photos.Kind of like the diff. between Playboy and Penthouse.I subscribe to Stereophile ,as Ncarv said"For about 80 cents an issue why not?"
I usually cruise through Stereophile in one sitting whereas TAS takes more like a week.
TAS has more of that good-old-feeling from the early Nineties...
I much prefer HiFi+, to either of the two you mentioned. (And yeah, I know, TAS bought HiFI+.)

If I had to choose, I'd say I prefer The Absolute Sound to Stereophile. They seem more professional, (slightly anyway), and for the two reasons that Ncarv pointed out. Neither is particularly good. And, IMHO, Stereophile seems to have turned into this generations Stereo Review. (And that is most definitely NOT a good thing!). Back in the late '80s and early '90s, I used to subscribe to Stereophile, and they seemed much, much better, back when Holt was in charge, (or at least involved).

HiFi+ has Roy Gregory, who I much prefer to any of the writers at Stereophile, especially Fremer or Dudley, who really annoy me.

My two cents worth.

PS And, unlike Ncarv, I'd rather have the 80 cents a month in my pocket, which should tell you just how far Stereophile has sunk in my opinion. (Hey, that means I get to buy one more used CD a year.)
stereophile strays into subject matter like 'who came by for a drink' or 'my cat likes the turntable'.....the kind of fluff you get in an airline magazine. i prefer the on-line sites, even though they tend to love everything. listener and the sensible sound were the best.