Aerial Speakers for Music and HT

Any opinions on Aerial speakers in general? Also would like to know which model is the best value....I am seriously thinking of revamping my system and could use the help..Thanks T
tmoore
I am a big fan of the Aerial line. I have enjoyed three different models and all of them performed well. I'm currently using LR5s, CC5, SR3s, and two SW12s. The 10ts are a little more musical but the LR5s are very fast and placement friendly. I think two things need to considered when looking at Aerial. They need power and allot of it, Classe and Theta match up very well. These speakers take longer to break in than any others I have known. They sound terrible new, good at fifty hours, and great at about 150 hours. The attention to detail, cabinet construction and finish are second to none. You can call Aerial and speak to Mike Kelly (owner) and he will answer any question you come up, he is a true gentleman.

Good Luck
Ken
I own 10t's. Prior to purchase I listened to many speakers to an upper limit of about 20K pricewise. I bought the 10t's, which I feel are the greatest value today at their price point. Since purchase I have no regrets. The 10t's are a mirror of the components in front of them. I'm running a BAT VK50SE tube pre into a pair of Levinson 33H monoblocks. Sourch is a Sony SCD777ES with a Sonic Frontiers SFD2 MKII tube dac. Cables are Transparent and Nordost. At this time I'm completely satisfied with the system's performance. For me, that's tough, as it always appear that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. I've listened to lots of other systems, different than mine, yes! Better, I think not.

beemer
I have owned the 7b amd currently own the 10T models...The mid and tweeter sound of these two speakers were very much alike...nicely detailed but not harsh, maybe slightly laid back and friendly to perhaps not as nice recordings...the 10T bass is far deeper than the 7b and for my taste a big improvement. Some say the bass is a little too generious...placement is critical...they need power behind them and a large enough room to get them away from the back wall, over 32" or more...
hope this helps
Russ
Tmoore, Check the Classified about a week back. I seen the model 8's and a CC3 all in black wood grain for 4000.00.
If I had the room for these speakers I would think about this offer. Jason