Amp for Dali Hellicon 400 mk2

any suggestions for powering my dali speakers...so far..have used a nad 218 and an ati 1506..neither of which made them sound overly inspirational...
dan001
I've got a Conrad Johnson CA200 that I'm going to put up for sale in the next few days (trying figure out where I left the silly remote). Anyway, that'll work with you DALIs.

Still, I'm wondering about ATI incident. 20 feet away means you've got a large room. If you've got a lot of furniture, thick rugs, then you may be driving them too hard. You may need to consider something way more sensitive or move up a lot closer to the speakers. You might move them to the long wall and not sit so far away. That'll give you a wider image and get rid of side-wall reflections. A large room can suck up a ton of power. You might have had them running over 100dB average at 10-ft. That'll do in many speakers.

Dave
I'm surprised with your blowing a driver. I have Helicon 800 Mk 1, and I have played them at quite loud levels with a 400w/ch. transistor amp without a hint of strain whatsoever. I'm very sensitive to how far I can drive a speaker without pushing a driver too hard. I hear when a speaker or driver is reaching the limits of its capacity.
well..the room they are in is actually an all cedar room with carpet and my couches..bay window etc..still..i had 12 yr old paradigm reference spkers b4 these..and they were fine..i upgraded to dali as i was looking for a real 'up'in the emotion evoked by music..and so far..disappointed on a few levels..most of which is the reliability..second of which is soundstage.,.when i upgraded to my paradigms years ago..i was in sonic heaven...i was expecting the same from these...not happening....now by decibals...i play it at like -15 to about -7 to really feel them...i have played them at +1..but..i shouldnt have to go that loud to get these babies breathing....my bros kit is in his basement..so..its like a vault..im sure that helps his sound..but still..the addition of the nad did wonders..i should have gone for the paradigm sig series i think.
Dan,
The other best thing to do and to take some of the guesswork out is to call Dali..I know for a fact that they always have the time to talk tech and to advise you of the best setup and applications for their speakers...you wil get alot of comments for end-users but like I did I went right to the horses mouth..
They are very informitive and knowledgeable.