Any word on the Blue Angel "Mantis"?

Hi all! - I am trying a cartridge that raised the bar in my conception of analog reproduction, the "Mantis" is keeping me awake rediscovering my entire vinyl... but I have found not too much information on this South African jewel.

I will appreciate any word regarding this marvel and help me in my investment decision.

Thanking in advance.

Fernando
128x128flg2001
I have a week so far with the "Mantis" and still keeps me awake and re-listening my LP collection. I read a review somewhere stating that this is an "honest sounding" cartridge - and I fully agree.

It has all the tonal palettes correct, great dynamics and excellent resolution of both inner details and full scale re-creation.

I don't mind if this is an MC or an MM cartridge, just as when a good Tube or SS amp is in the chain - one forgets the design principle since the system gets me back to the music, to the performance and to the artistic event.

Regards,

Fernando
Fernando
y.s.:
>>> I don't mind if this is an MC or an MM cartridge <<<

And if it costs 10x more? No sweat?
I'd take the MM and get more vinyl for the balance...
Cheers,
Hi Axel - I got the Mantis far from the 5k mentioned earlier here, way south
that figure! Not a drop!

Txs
Hi Flg2001
the figure last mentioned (by me for) the snake-wood cart with alu cantilever was ~ $1'800, and I'd also mentioned it was a "fair" price in deed for a good MC.
Raul had a small issue with this, so I explained my take in a follow-up.

Yet, I have a cart that sounds as good as a good 1.8k$ cart and it cost $150 --- NOS "M20FL super" --- and that is where I'm coming from, and that is what Raul had in mind also when I'd called the MC price fair, which I still think it is, going simply by what MCs go for these days.

Now you mention 'south of 5k$' -- hell that's a long way to go in getting to 1.8k$, so I'm not TOO sure if there was too much left for vinyl, which like hell it is looking at a 150$ NOS MI (moving iron) cart.
Cheers,