Any word on the Blue Angel "Mantis"?

Hi all! - I am trying a cartridge that raised the bar in my conception of analog reproduction, the "Mantis" is keeping me awake rediscovering my entire vinyl... but I have found not too much information on this South African jewel.

I will appreciate any word regarding this marvel and help me in my investment decision.

Thanking in advance.

Fernando
128x128flg2001
Dear Axel: No, I always " see " at the MM like an alternative/choice ( nothing more ): just like tube/SS electronics.

Raul.
Dear Raul:
y.s.:
>> I always " see " at the MM like an alternative/choice <<

oh yes, you take the words out of my mouth!

It's just a bit tricky, and if cost conscious much more so, to put "fair" value to an MC, isn't it?

So the only way I attempt to do it now, is consider them quite separately in terms of cost and this was the basis of my comment of the snake-wood Mantis to be fair (MC)-value at 1.7k$.
If you have a different assessment I like to you to please share it with us.

Thanks,
Axel
I have a week so far with the "Mantis" and still keeps me awake and re-listening my LP collection. I read a review somewhere stating that this is an "honest sounding" cartridge - and I fully agree.

It has all the tonal palettes correct, great dynamics and excellent resolution of both inner details and full scale re-creation.

I don't mind if this is an MC or an MM cartridge, just as when a good Tube or SS amp is in the chain - one forgets the design principle since the system gets me back to the music, to the performance and to the artistic event.

Regards,

Fernando
Fernando
y.s.:
>>> I don't mind if this is an MC or an MM cartridge <<<

And if it costs 10x more? No sweat?
I'd take the MM and get more vinyl for the balance...
Cheers,