ARC Ref phono stage.

I have always enjoyed the AR2 reference system phono stage at the dealer. It is always in the reference room, with Balanced ouputs into AR reference preamp. My electronics are single ended SS, Spectral Reference. Question for those out there is whether I would experience all of the sound of the phono stage?
tennisdoc40
You can get all tube phono stages from Jadis (in their JP80, JP200 and JPS3 units) or Shindo (from the Monbrisson on up), and probably also Aesthetix; however, those will cost a good amount. I generally agree with Bigkidz on the noise issue, though my Shindo is surprisingly silent.
I have the Aesthetix Rhea, and the sound is organic and wonderful. When the tubes are new, the noise level is tolerable considering 54 db of gain from the tubes. About 8 months in to use, the noise level between tracks is noticeable at the listening chair. The AR does use FET for the initial gain stage, and that would explain the quietness.
Yeah the FET in the initial stage can help to make the preamp quiet. But using a better quality power supply can make a pure tube preamp sounds quiet. It's just that tube is tube, and transistor is transistor. Pure tube always sounds better, period. (IMO).