Audirvana Plus vs Roon - High Sound Quality at Lower Cost?

I've recently set up Audirvana, choosing over Roon due to Roon's higher cost.
Seems like Audirvana's sound quality is considered to be high.

Does anyone have any experience comparing sound quality of Audirvana vs Roon or other players?
I use Audirvana to play purchased FLAC's, ripped FLAC's, and also Tidal HiFi from my Mac Mini with Fusion Drive connected via USB.
Looking for input from those who may have taken the trouble to compare.  I for one didn't notice a difference, but I am planning to upgrade my system shortly and differences could possibly become apparent as a result.

nyev

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

I think Audirvana Plus is outstanding.  I did a brief free Roon trial after installing Audirvana and thought Roon degraded the sound subtly.  My problem is that I don’t want my PC in the system, as I prefer to use it for computing.  After I turn off Audirvana I noticed occasionally the Printer settings would have to be reset.  Not a big deal, but annoying.  I didn’t feel that the interface that wonderful but the app works fairly well.  I have also heard that the updates can be problematic and was advised not to do them
I do run Audirvana on my PC.  However, I prefer not to use my PC in my Audio System, and that is why I use renderers instead of the PC with Audirvana.
I have been using Bluesound, but recently I had a problem where I could not use it for a month.  I went back to controlling my NAS with Audirvana and my PC for that time.  It sounds truly excellent and the App isn’t bad, but it was a problem if I wanted to use the PC for something else, and I get tired of the Computer boot up, with the Apple notifications, etc