Ayon Audio Forum- all questions and suggestion

Since there has been quite a bit of questions of upgrades and speaker synergy and tubes, some of us Ayon Owners decided to start a little thread.

Questions of how,what,when and have are all welcome

Have Fun and Be Positve !
sionlim
@ melkior,, Have you got your 6h30p-DR tubes yet?, if so, what year did you get?,, cheers!
I bought the 6H30-DR three years ago, sincerely I don't know which year they have been produced, but I can check in the player if some figures are still written on them. Anyway I have to open the unit to put some Reflector 6C4P I should receive soon.
If I remember I bought them to "thetubestore", they had a few ones in stock at this time, price was 160$ per tube. I put them in the player one year ago only.

Bad news for the XLR input of my power amps with the CD5 = strong ground noise. RCA are OK so I'm saved :-)
@ melkior, hi, man!, thats exactly the way we run the 2s,,,,-40 to -20, with 2.5 volts to the Krell 700cx direct!,, awsome!, The amp is 3.3 volts sensativity input!, cheers!
@ Melkior,, your 6h30p-Dr tubes might be 1986 tubes, Here in the U.S. The 6h30p-Dr 1980 tubes are $275.00 a piece!, Thats what I am going to buy!, Said to me The 1980 tubes were better in every way!, LOL!, For that kind of money they best work miracles, Right?,, I have a question, Does new tubes have to break-in?, and if so, was it as long as the player had to?, I hated going thru all this break-in period!, cheers!
@ Melkior,, Yes, The ole hum!, You have to use shielded cable for the xlr on the Ayon digital players or this will happen to the sound, I have no issues like that,my cable is shielded and has a ground to chassis to the Ayon!,, what was the difference in sound to you with the 6h30p-Dr tubes compaired to the stock 6h30BE tubes?,, cheers!