Ayon Audio Forum- all questions and suggestion

Since there has been quite a bit of questions of upgrades and speaker synergy and tubes, some of us Ayon Owners decided to start a little thread.

Questions of how,what,when and have are all welcome

Have Fun and Be Positve !
sionlim
@ Melkior, My Ayon cd-2s sounds really good now!, I believe 300 hrs will have most of the burn-in done!, Does the nos 6h30p-DR tubes have this fleshing out sound like these stock tubes?, I did not know a 6h30 tube would do that like 12ax7 and 12au7 tubes Do!!, cheers!
Hello Audiolabyrinth :-)

I was not aware that 6H30 DR could sound as 12AX7 or 12AU7 when I bought the Ayon. I had a small stock of NOS 12AX7 and 12AU7 in the past, and was pleased to play with them. According to my experience I would say 6H30 are better for soundstage and micro dynamics, but not so much for sound, I think they are more neutral. But when very well optimized like in the Ayon, yes it looks like other NOS preamp tubes :-)

I received at last my Russian 6C4P, so I could open the Ayon to replace the chineese ones. I Checked on the 6H30 DR tubes and found 9106 and 9107, so I guess they are from 1991. I think the production stopped in 1992-93 and started again in 1999 but not with the same quality. I found strange that only the date is written in black when other inscriptions are white on the tube. They are real 6H30-DR but sincerely I'm suspicious about the date.
Anyway they sound fine :-)
@ Melkior,, Congrats on your new tubes for the power suppy of the Ayon cd-5, The 6c4p are the tubes to have for the stock replacement, you should enjoy the up-grade!,, There is a big cost difference and sound difference between the 1991 6h30 tubes and the 1986 6h30 tubes!, what I meant about the sound that Ayon does with 6h30 tubes versus the 12ax7 and 12au7 tubes, Is how good the sound fleshes out and blooms the same as those other tubes I just mentioned, to me thats unusual!, I have not heard that happen in other players that uses the 6h30 tubes!, Ayon is doing something special for the sound of these 6h30 tubes!,, cheers!
Howdy-

New to the club, just bought a used Ayon Orion amp.

I am considering replacing the EHKT88's with KT88Z's/Psvanes, any one done the same?

I too, am also interested in the IR code for the remote. I would like to use my Samsung tablet to control the volume on the amp.
@ melkior, So how do the new tubes sound in the power supply of you Ayon?, cheers!