Bat VK-600M SE, or halcro dm-88 or MBL 9011

I am the proud ownwer of Bat Vk-600 m se monoblocks. Does anyone have an opinion of which amp is best of these?What would the sound difference between the amps?

Regards Eyolf Lund,Norway
eyolf

Showing 1 response by osgorth

Davis, if you don't need as much power as the 9008s give, try the smaller 8011AM monoblocks.. I find these are actually better than the 9008, even though they're much cheaper! :) Marginally less grunt, but more natural-sounding. Another option would be to listen to the new 9007 amps, which are between those two in the range (but a new design; the 9008s are fairly old by now). All of these will provide more power than your Lamms.

Good luck :)

Eyolf, Halcro are way hyped in my opinion. I think they sound "dead". I'm hearing nearly only praise for BAT, but have little experience with them myself, I'm afraid. I haven't heard the 9011 but most of the others in the MBL range, and they're a must-listen. I bought the 8011AM amps myself, and I think they are a revolution. If HP at TAS would hear these, I don't know what he'd write. ;) I've done direct comparisons with his much-hyped ASR Emitter II Exclusive, and although very good it's not even close. Even the smaller MBLs are much, much better, in particular when paired with an MBL pre-amp.