Battery powered DAC

Has anybody tried this new battery powered DAC?

Ack! DAC

It seems to be very promising...
psychicanimal
Re charge cycles vis-a-vis discharge time:
Am I missing something in the math, or is 6 hrs x 600 charges more than 4 hrs x 800 charges? So aren't you ahead of the game with a 6-hour discharge?

I am keen on this DAC, but just like Sedon, we run the changer for several hours at a time. Sometimes more, sometimes less than 4 hours. Sometimes we go out and forget to shut it off!
KC:

Per Sedond's 7/24 post higher capacity batteries are available for a $100 upcharge (this includes a larger case to house them).
wow , does this dac sound close to the more expesive Audio note (which has tubes output ).
Can anyone comment . And how close in% does it get as forget about the $ .. Thanks js
pianojoe, i don't have direct experience, but the comments towards the end of the following thread may be of interest to ya:

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=4293&start=10

doug s.
I compared the Nixon with the similar Ack! and immediately chose the Ack!. I have since compared it favorably to the EAD DSP 7000 III and with a very nice and smooth recent Van Alstine. The Ack! runs on batteries, always a major improvement, with the added advantage of no powercord to imrove upon. I've upgraded my Ack! significantly by replacing the 3.3 mF AuraCaps with Dynamicaps, a pair of 5 mF and a .01 bypass per channel. It really opened up and the bass improved big time. I use it with an EAD T1000 with a Mapleshade/Insound Zepher dig link. Extremely open yet smooth, dead silent with wonderfull dynamics; the best I've heard.