BEL 1001 amps. Specs and ordering

Does anyone know how to contact the owner of Brown Electronics Labs about their BEL 1001 amps? Also, Are the amps pure class A and can anyone compare the sound to other high quality amps?
I'm currently using Channel Islands D200 mono blocks with Odyssey Lorelei sepakers.
Thanks for the help in advance.
turek

Showing 1 response by byfo

Got to love these forums. You'll get so many different opinions to questions you end up feeling more confused. I'm with Mike as far as loving this amp. In my system it's extremely dynamic with spot on imaging, excellent low range, mids and highs. You name it, this amp delivers. Now I haven't compared this amp to a ton of others. Haven't felt the need. I do know it bettered the Bryston 4bst, 7bst and ASL AQ1009DT's I have tried. In his manual Richard Brown states " The output devices are operated at a quiescent point that corresponds to a Class A operation dissipating an approximate total of 100 watts. The determination of this quiescent point was made for the optimization of individual output devices rather than meeting any specific conventional definitions of Class A operation." Whatever the hell that means. I also remember chatting with a dealer in Oregon who also carried Edge amps. He compared the sound of the MKV's monoblocked to the Edge NL10 which I've heard is a pretty good sounding amp. Unlike Mike I don't like the BEL I/C's. They made the sound of my system dead. I do like the S24 speaker cables. I believe they are a good bang for your buck.