Bell Canto VS Pass Labs

I was thinking on getting a new amp and recently told that the BC ref 1000 could compete compete with the 350.5 is this true?
128x128mlawitm
I have owned Bel Canto Ref1000 amps, and I presently own Pass Labs XA-60.5. Whoever suggested the Bel Canto Ref1000 could compete with Pass Labs 350.5 must have either been high or a Bel Canto salesperson.

The two amps aren't even close, IMO.
Tvad he had a set of xa 60.5's used telling me the customer used those for a trade in on the ref 1000's
totally agree with Tvad. I had an x250.5 and an S300... the Pass was in a completely different league...The S300 while not the ref1000 is based on the same technology...even so even if the s300 i had was significantly better (as in ref1000) the Pass would still be the superior amp. It was a learning experience. There is no such thing as a free lunch in high end and from what I heard this class D amp was basically as good as a decent receiver. IMHO the only truly musical ss amps are based in the classic designs: class A, big power supplies, low noise topologies..lots of iron...its just one of those things.
Tvad he had a set of xa 60.5's used telling me the customer used those for a trade in on the ref 1000's
Mlawitm (Threads | Answers)
Ha! That was one really deaf customer...and one very shrewd dealer.

I'd quickly run away from him. Does he have camels in the parking lot?

Look, I can understand someone trading XA-60.5 for Bel Canto Ref1000 if they required more power than the XA-60.5 provide, and if they could not afford a Pass Labs amp with the required power output, but to characterize the sound of the two amps as comparable is ridiculous and laughable.

If the Pass Labs are the NY Yankees, then the Bel Canto Ref1000 are the Buffalo Bisons (no disrespect to the AAA Bisons, but the Yankees are in the Big Leagues).
Mlawitm,

In that case, I would run back there and make him an insanely low offer to take the pair of junk (Pass XA60.5) off his hands.

Actually, why don't you give me his contact info, and I'll take them off his hands. Currently I have the X350.5 and it is way too much overkill for my Verity Parsifal Encore.

FrankC