Best DVD plyr for under 1000 new or used ?

Hi - Running Pioneer Elite Pro 520, Direct TV HD, Krell KAV 250a, and Krell KAV 500, Lexicon MC-1 with B&W N804, 805, HTM1. I gave my DVD plyr to my dad and need a new one, and would like to spend $1k or less given that I don't watch too many DVDs. Since I have the Pioneer TV, was favoring Pioneer DVD and looking at DV38a. Any new models or new stuff coming out? All advice appreciated... -Baz
bazmataz

Showing 4 responses by flemke

If you can make an offer on one,there are some EAD theatervision dvd players on Audiogon. THE best video I have seen yet. I have had the 9200 and the 9000,and they are not in the same class. I saw the EAD for 1200 this week. That is an excellent price. The redbook cd playback won the Absolute Sound best cd player in 2000.
Tim Flemke
Tdavism3,
I also bought and sold the 9000es after the EAD theatervision was hooked up with my mits 65907. I ended up going back and buying another 9000es. The 2channel Redbook has the type of sound I like. The new 9000es has been running for 1 week tonight. I will hold back for now but,I plan on having EVS do the mod. on the unit.
EVS is not ready to do the mods. yet,I think I'll wait untill fall
Tim
Most all DVD players will play CD-RW disks. I have 3 that do. Do some research and see what you find out about the EAD. Try secrets of home theater.
I have also done a couple thing to my mits that really helped the piture. Dedicated 20amp. circuit and BP-2. Rock solid background. I have not had the set ISF'd yet.
Tim