Best speakers for $3000

I'm looking to purchase a pair of towers 
I listen to mostly r&b soul rap and blurs/jazz I have a emotiva xpa 200 to power them 
trrevell
Agree with sbank and would add Vandersteen to the list of extra careful audition due to placement, set up, and electronics issues...
Trevill,

i found the the suggestion to buy Klipsch or Cerwin Vega to be really funny. I wonder if he was just being sarcastic when he made those recommendations. I liked the way you said those speakers are for punks.
considering the amp being used and the real world price of the RF7, it might not be such a bad recommendation. I wouldn't choose them, but when I heard them, was quite surprised they sounded pretty good
There's a pair of Joseph Audio RM25XLs for sale here a bit below your price target.  I know you mentioned the SF Venere above, and having had them both in my system (Venere 2.5) I'd put the RM25XLs at a significantly higher level in terms of refinement, imaging/soundstage, linearity, and overall build quality.  They also go a bit lower than the 2.5s and are likely an easier load for your amp as they don't dip below 6 Ohms.  Just another option and best of luck. 

Check out the Spendor A5R. I’ve owned a few Spendor floorstanders and I think they would fit the bill!