Best speakers for $3000

I'm looking to purchase a pair of towers 
I listen to mostly r&b soul rap and blurs/jazz I have a emotiva xpa 200 to power them 
trrevell
Thanks for the advice I'm going to listen to them after Christmas I'm also interested in the sonus faber veneer 
The Zu line IMHO has a very distinct house sound that is more system dependent (or perhaps room dependent?) than most others. I've heard them sound great & terrible and everything in between.
The Zu guys seem so cool and there funky colorful designs are unique in many ways, but I'd tread carefully before buying. A demo with your own gear is even more recommended than it usually is. Cheers,
Spencer
Agree with sbank and would add Vandersteen to the list of extra careful audition due to placement, set up, and electronics issues...
Trevill,

i found the the suggestion to buy Klipsch or Cerwin Vega to be really funny. I wonder if he was just being sarcastic when he made those recommendations. I liked the way you said those speakers are for punks.
considering the amp being used and the real world price of the RF7, it might not be such a bad recommendation. I wouldn't choose them, but when I heard them, was quite surprised they sounded pretty good