Burn In on Aurender N100H

I just acquired an Aurender N100H.  It replaces a Sonos Connect modified by Wyrd4Sound.  After installation, I noticed a very "digital" sound and a lot more noise than I'd been familiar with while listening to the modded Connect.  The modded Connect was connected to my Schiit Audio Gumby via Digital Coax.  Aurender can only connect via USB.
How long do I need to burn this in to get a sense of the quality of the Aurender?  I have a 60-day return policy and if this unit doesn't improve exponentially it is going back.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone with a similar experience and how things worked out.
Also, any advice on the best USB cable for the connection between the Aurender and Gumby?
Thanks
128x128pg62

Showing 2 responses by pg62

Thanks for the input.  I reached out to Aurender and they recommend burning in the unit for 100-150 hours.  I'm working on that now.  Thanks, Dave for the feedback on USB cables.  I just heard about the Curious cable from a friend.  I checked out some reviews and pulled the trigger on a .8m cable this morning.  I am looking forward to hearing the difference.  I sure hope this creates more warmth.  It seems the unit does provide better sound stage than the modded Connect, but the metallic treble needs to diminish and the bass response needs to improve.  I'll let you know how this turns out.  Only 90 hours to go.  
Thanks everyone for the great feedback.  I've been burning in the N100H over the past week and have to say that it is sounding better and better.  I just got the Curious Cable in the mail yesterday and replaced the Supra.  A major improvement with only a few hours on it.  I think this is working out nicely.  I may consider the ISO REGEN and its power supply, but I'll wait a while.