CD Players $1,000 - $1,500 US - any info on Talk?

Current Considerations:
- Talk Electronics Thunder CD 1.1/2.1 (1.2/2.2 just announced)
- Rega Planet 2000
- QUAD 99 CDP (CD Pre-Amp combo)
- Cary CD-308
- NAD 541i / s500i

My Current System:
Quad 21Ls - NAD C350 Integrated - Pioneer DV353
My QUAD will become my multi-channel movie system - this CD player will grow with me to start my two-channel music system.

The Talk's are 500-1000 more than the Rega Planet 2k depending on the Talk model but I can find hardly anything on Talk Electronics/Saxon - anyone have any information?

The Cary might be in my price range but its just on the edge .

Any recommendations of used players or impressions of any of these players or any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan K.
vaystrem

Showing 3 responses by vaystrem

Since there isn't much info on the Talk's just thought i'd post a review (finally found one)
of the Thunder 1/Cyclone 1 combination

Talk Electronics Thunder 1 CD and Cyclone 1 Integrated

I'm going to start talking to my local dealer to see if he is able to acquire the Jolida for me - I'm still a ways away from my purchase though so any other info anyone can supply would be great :)
I seem to be answering my own questions - the Talk Thunder 1.x is essentially off the list now
Talk Thunder 1.1 CD Review - unless the 1.2 is a substantial improvement.

So far...
Jolida 100A / Used ARCAM FMJ23T / Used Sony SCDXA77ES
The Cary is out of my price range I've recently been informed ;)- Any other suggestions?

Sorry for the review posts just trying to add to the knowledgebase about a company/player that I haven't been able to find a lot on.

Thanks again!
Thanks so much for the responses :)

Part of my bias in manufacturers is that I wish to continue to do business with my preferred local retailer.
Musical Fidelity (A3.2), Talk Electronics, and the Quad being the manufacturers with products in my price point which they carry.

Again any info on Talk other than the 3 or 4 meager reviews I can find would be useful (and only 1 post on Audiogon) and any impressions of the Musical Fidelity A3.2

Thanks again :)