Creative Audigy 2 ZS-Problems

I have installed Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS to get Line-in, Line-out and Audio cleanup in one reasonable cost package. MAJOR problems-(1)sound is almost inaudible, (2) anti-virus cannot be enabled and (3) printer connection is not being detected. I have a HP 763N with Windows XP Home Edition.

I have already spent several hours talking with 5 different telephone support persons at Creative. After an hour with the last support person he said I should replace my 200 watts power supply to one that produces 300-350 watts. Incidentally, the power supply need is not in the system requirements listed on the package. Any other suggestions.
basfrommobay

Showing 1 response by f117nighthawke9e5

Hi I have a problem with SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum card. I installed the drivers off the CD and the stupid thing doesn't even close the program after it's done installing. It just leaves it hanging there. So I'm forced to kill the process. Then I had to cold boot the machine to get it restart. As soon as I got back into Windows (XP Pro SP 1), I installed the latest web update.

The problem is, even with all this, I get no sound from my Creative Itrige 2.1 speakers (which are plugged into the proper jack on the card), the firewire port on the card doesn't function (nothing is detected when I plug in my scanner). But the Platinum drive works fine. I get sound through my head phones which are plugged into its head phone jack and the firewire port on it functions properly.

Is there any way to get a full driver off the web and not just an update that requires the CD? Thanks!