DaVinci tonearm and azymuth

Great tonearm. Unfortunately the azymuth is several degrees from flat, clearly visible with the naked eye. Has anyone else had this problem with DaVinci? Should I just adjust the balance with my preamp and live with it?
psag
If the post is not vertical, I think the shim should go between the post collar and the armboard. However if the headshell is the problem, I think the shim should go between the headshell and the cartridge.
Well, if the arm post is not vertical........ I would suggest changing either armboard, tonearm or hobby.

You're no less an audiophile if uncertain about your ability to detect single digit decibels of difference from vertical perfection. To confirm a setting or what you hear azimuth-wise, you can measure the differences in channel output with a voltmeter and test record.

Check this thread:
How to measure crosstalk

One place to find the Cardas test record

You can compensate for channel differences in cartridge coil voltage output by getting a level set for each channel then adjust the output with your preamps L/R balance control.

Post created for clarification only. I have no interest in debating how to set azimuth:
As for the Freickert-software... it implies for correct function in azimuth-adjustment mode, that both coils of a given cartridge do have 100% identical output.
If this is not the case - which you can count on in 99,99999 % of all cartridges - it will help you little to adjust azimuth. As it compares output of both channels to give identical readings.
You need to know the exact output of each coil before using this tool.
Hard to get......

Not true. The software does not work this way. It uses a transfer function based on the output of the main channel relative to the crosstalk channel (20*log(Vx/Vy)). Your assumption of how the software works is incorrect. It does true azimuth calculations. If there is a 1.7 dB difference in channel balance the software does not care as it does not rely on matching channel balance.

Dre