Dipole Asymmetry

I am considering purchase of a pair of Martin Logan Summit X speakers. In my room, I am somewhat constrained for speaker placement. I could place the speakers about 3-4 feet off the front wall. My main concern is my audio rack would be placed directly behind the left speaker, while there would be nothing placed behind the right speaker. How detrimental would this asymmetry be on sound quality?
imgoodwithtools
If you have one speakers wall 4' behind it and the other 15' behind it your going to have an issue . These guys were fretting over having a rack behind one speaker  and not the other . Ill take a stat 2' from a back wall over boxed speaker 2' away any day . If panel sound is your thing you will live with whatever compromises might arise in your room . I have since moved from the room my system shows here on agon and one speaker has a wall of diffusion and the other aims right into a floor to ceiling corner bass trap . Still i am getting optimal sound . 
If it were me, I'd find another place for the rack...think out of the box, it would be worth it.  I don't see you compromising the Ayre's excellences.
sbank
Who recommends your preferred "Let the rear wave bounce approach" besides Bose?
You’re obviously being facetious, because Bose doesn’t make a dipole. But, to answer your question:

Infinity (of yore)
Martin-Logan
Genesis
King Sound
Polk Audio
Kef
Quad.

Then, there are the manufacturers who try to imitate the dipole sound, such as those who make bipole speakers. You can look that up for yourself. There are also posters in this thread who concur that the rear wave is an inherent - and useful - part of dipole design.

Any dipole speaker manufacturer who wants to dampen or eliminate the rear wave can do so by using construction that will block the rear wave. Simple.
I should have also mentioned what is perhaps one of the grand-daddys of all dipole speakers ... Magnepan.

Do you use grand-daddy literally or figuratively, cleeds? Magnepan has probably done more to popularize planar speakers than any other company, but the original Magneplanar Tympani T-I was not introduced until 1971, long after the original Quad ESL in 1957.

The Quad has absorptive pads on it's rear, installed by Peter Walker to make it more room friendly for the relatively small lounges of British houses. Maggies benefit greatly from space behind them (the more the better), but can be placed quite close to side walls with no sonic penalty.

More to discover