DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
From a different point of view. The electromagnetic wave (of electrical power) passes through a medium (the wire, and connectors It also may interact with the surroundings. The sheath/insulation and even beyond since the energy is also radiated into the surrounding to some degree. And the surroundings might influence the waveform.The main thing is the medium the waveform passes through. Clearly we can agree that copper, silver or gold (a conducting metal) seem to be the best medium to have the waveform travel through?  The material the wave is passing through can affect the QUALITY of the wave, altering it. One reason for ultra pure copper of silver and long crystal is to do less harm to the waveform as it passes through the medium.The insulation also affects the waveform in less clearly understood ways. (some companies have found insulation which IMPROVES the bass content.. How??? )         ***************************************************************************My own experiments make me say the electrical waveform can be ’thinned out’. Made thicker, made more cohesive or spread out. and changed by the medium it passes through.So wire is not just wire.Compare light passing through a vacuum. no change.. Then add a material between the start and finish points. water, air, various foreign elements. all can change the quality of the light. Same thing with transmission of the electrical waveform through metal.
Both are wave forms (and actually very similar in many ways) passing through a medium. Why not? I say yes. Why would you say no?
Post removed 
I was really asking and not having any opinion at that time. I do not have it now, either, but will slowly start thinking about it. Maybe I come up with something meaningful (pro or contra your statement), although do not hold your breath for that.