Dunlavy SC4 Speakers

Does anyone know what the value of a used set of Dunlavy SC4 speakers would be? These are the original SC4's early run I believe. The reason for the question is that I have a line on a set and I'm willing to pay fair market value which often is determined by a speakers popularity and not actual worth. I'm trying to determine a base line price with the seller without out getting into these are the best speakers ever made and that makes them worth a million bucks!

Thanks!
2channeljunkie
I have no Dunlavy experience but I have purchased big heavy older speakers, like Model 5's, and it was a real hassle. Difficult to unpack, potential driver issues, packing again, expensive shipping.

I say be really careful and go less with value and more with how long you will be satisfied with them.

Best of luck.
Sorry to post again but I just want to emphasize the perception of value or worth vs. satisfaction. Especially with a big and heavy speaker.
Bjesien post as much as you like the more the better. I have herd the SCIV speakers and do like them. I don't upgrade often(4kids and a wife) makes sure of that. Also seeing how I'm personal friends with the dealer they often will come out to the house for any repairs so I don't have to worry about packing and transporting heavy speakers and amps to the shop. As far price I never allow myself to get caught up in the hype of a product and the through the roof prices that come along with. While I think the SCIV's are cool I still have to be budget minded. Earlier this year my dealer had a set and wanted 2500.00 for them and there they sat till someone else bought them.
I think you'll love them. Yes, they can be improved on, but they do everything well and that's what makes them so good.
Thanks Rcprince new tweeters will be in on Tuesday and I will be sure to do a follow up. I'm interested in hearing the differences between them and the Vandersteen 2ci speakers.