EMT 927 vs. Micro Seiki 5000 or 8000 - different?

Did any one test those machines in the same set up? What was the outcome? Idler-Drive in its best built quality vs. the well rated heavy belts from Japan.
thuchan

Showing 5 responses by in_shore

Nandric Being born in the new world to a German mother and Scottish father the influence of both cultures I guess made me this way, no harm intended at all and yes we arein full agreement.
Mark
Thuchan
I maybe wrong but even during the time of these tables production few if any were reviewed here in North America let alone even a brief mention of their existence.

Articles on vintage equiptment it's likely any reviewer today that wanted to write favorable comparison's to the best of today's line up would simply be refused by the editor.
There is no saleable product other then some nostalgic article of some long gone forgotten out of production item.
Eckert your idea for a vintage item magazine I'm sure would be a popular one.
Similar to vintage knob perhaps except with select World wide contributors,time line history data of outstanding components, articles and pictures galore.
Finally, maybe think about NOT having a members blog.
Mark
Micro Seiki received a cool welcome over here in North America specifically of the RX 5000 debut with a brief negative comment in the Absolute Sound magazine then year's later by Art Dudley of Stereophile.
For the mostpart from what I can gather flipping through vintage TAS, Stereophile including other not so well known audio magazines from the 1970s and 80s Micro Seiki's entire product line were largely ignored along with EMT including some of the sought after now vintage tone arms and cartridges.
Mark
Today with audio manufactures and reviews the sale's pitch revolves around superior material ,superior machining ,innovative idea's and design concepts that eclipse anything from past product's.
Nandric, Please don't take me wrong,my last added paragraph is laced with sarcasm.
Mark
V.E. had this topic of effect's of stylus drag last year resulting with comments by Mark Kelly and Win Tinnon.
It seem's to be a biannual debate that pop's up on every online analogue discussion site.

Thuchan

You have lived with your EMT idler for a while now,where would you place your EMT'S overall performance?