Focal 1038be or Revel Ultima Salon 2?

Hi, this is my first post and I am currently looking to upgrade from my Focal 836v speakers. I am running an Anthem p2 connected to a Denon 4810. I amlooking at upgrading the speakers and my components at some point. I am looking currently at Classe, and Anthem, I would like to complete my system with a P5 and D2V but I am willing to go in another direction should my speakers dictate it. I am not buying anytime soon (still saving!) but, any info or thoughts would be great, thanks!

Ac-
128x128new2highend

Showing 2 responses by lewinskih01

Sorry to interject a sideline question: are Salon 2s to be driven by powerful SS amps? I ask because I see they are 86 dB sensitivity, suggesting the need for large amps, yet there is one listing here displaying them with smallish tube amps. I have a tube amp so I wonder if I should disregard this speaker altogether.

Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback. I run a McIntosh MC275 as stereo amp, providing about 85 Wpc. So would I need two of these ran as monoblocks to make the Salon 2 sing? Conceptually metal drivers + tubes seem appealing. I guess the proof would be in the actual sound. Tough pair to audition, I guess.

Thanks again!