Furutech Gold and Copper connector

I was wondering how long does Break-in Time of “Furutech IEC connectors” takes in order to open up and present all its potential quality. I am talking about Furutech FI-11 Gold and Copper connector series. The power cables where connectors are used with, are already broken in and sound good with their original connectors. I read in several review that Furutech cables takes up to 400 hours to break in! Is this also valid for Furutech connectors too!?

You feedback would be appreciated.
cheers,
Michel
michelzay

Showing 5 responses by bo1972

I have changed often connectors for myslef and clients. So I know the burn in time very well. I have compared connectors of different brands a lot. Oyaide is a company what is a pain in the ass for many companies who use their connectors. Many stopped working with them, they did not have a choice. But theyare stil the best. I have the best Furutech makes, but the Oyaide are better in dynamics and also in details. I am a perfectionist and only interested in the best. It is difficult to get Oyaide, but for myself I only want these on my cables. Rest I really don't care!
The Oyaide F1/M1 outperforms the Furutech FI-50 with ease. I
have them both on the same Purist Audio powercable. The Oyaide
has a lot more drive/dynamics, more open mid en also more
resolution. I use the one with the Furutech for my subwoofer.

I was surprised how big the differences are. Used on a source
I had the same outcome. These days I only buy Purist Audio
powercables ( by far the best in the world) with F1/M1
connectors!

Always go for the best possible, the rest doensn't matter!!
I also have a Purist Audio Powercable with Oyaide 004. These I also prefer over the Furutech. Next year I will sell the Furutech plugs. Oyaide is a very lazy company with slow delivery. The people who are distributers of Oyaide dislike the company. Often I have to say no to my clients!!