has anyone tried PS Audio perfect wave duo

any experience/thoughts on new PS audio perfect wave transport and dac
hifinut
Jdoris - make sure to get a decent USB cable and try to avoid going over 15 feet (the length USB begins to drop data). Kimber makes a very good cable for about $50 U.S. (6 foot). I haven't listened to a lot, but I didn't really hear much difference between the Kimber and cables in the $400 range. Rip your CDs using Exact Audio Copy (EAC) if possible (PC only), and try to use a player that supports FLAC since it is the most used hi rez format out there (iTunes does not support it). ComputerAudiophile.com has lots of great info for everything you may need.

Sgr - I'm using Nordost cables and an Isotek G2 mini-sub power conditioner. I haven't tried other cables with the PWD but went through a handful with my other DAC. I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting and feel no need to upgrade (yet anyway). I am considering a battery pack power upgrade to the DAC if I find someone who does them with good results - the AC in my house/neighborhood is just atrocious. I'm investigating an all battery powered system at the moment and trying to find the right amp/pre-amp before I jump in with everything else.

One thing I have noticed is that the shelf I have the DAC on is getting a lot of low end reverberations. The PWD is a large unit and when I put my hand on it, I can feel the top of it vibrate with the music and wonder what affect that is having. Obviously, I need to get my components moved to a less vulnerable spot. But I'm going to get some Vibrapods or other isolation disks and make sure the shelf isn't transferring vibrations as well.

I'm having fun experimenting with hi rez files (from my computer until the Bridge is available) and I really like what I'm hearing - especially vocal jazz and classical. I love the convenience of HD Tracks ($15 for 24/96 albums - sweet!). I so hope more stores, labels, and artists follow suit and start releasing their back catalog in digital hi rez. There's little reason to not have it as an option these days.

Have a music filled week-end everyone!
Has anyone tried plugging the PWT/PWD into a PS Audio powerplant premier or other power conditioner like Shunyata?
Thanks Shazam. The Mac route seems to present serious software limitations: looks to me like JRiver, MediaMonkey, and Foobar are not readily implemented on a Mac platform. But I've been a Mac person as long as I've been using a computer, and I'm not especially tech-adept, so a change would be pretty difficult. Wonder if I am then stuck with iTunes? I like using it fine, but I've heard concerns about sound quality.

On the USB cords, PSA says as short as possible, but it would be nice to have a bit more length. Have you experimented with lengths? Cryoparts makes a 10 footer for 100 bucks or so (http://www.cryo-parts.com/usb_cable.html). Have heard good things about Locus Design and Ridge Street, but they are pretty dear, esp. as I'm not sure how the setup will look if I upgrade to the bridge.

On a less complicated note, I'm presently using the PW as DAC with a Jolida Underwood Level 1 as transport, and it sounds very appreciably better than the Jolida alone and the Musical Fidelity Underwood Level 2 I traded in on the PW. Since both players sounded pretty good to me, I'm very pleased with the PW, so far.

John
For what it's worth, I've used both "Itunes" and "Play" software on a Mac. I couldn't detect a difference. I use both toslink and usb connnections. I also cannot tell a difference switching between the two. I use Wireworld Ultraviolet High Performance USB Cable ($56 with shipping) and a Van Den Hul Optocoupler mk. II toslink cable ($119 with shipping)connected to an Airport Express.
Thanks Develyn50. I'm going to have to make iTunes work, I reckon. I seem to have heard good things about the Wireworld usb cable. J