has anyone tried PS Audio perfect wave duo

any experience/thoughts on new PS audio perfect wave transport and dac
hifinut
Thanks Shazam. The Mac route seems to present serious software limitations: looks to me like JRiver, MediaMonkey, and Foobar are not readily implemented on a Mac platform. But I've been a Mac person as long as I've been using a computer, and I'm not especially tech-adept, so a change would be pretty difficult. Wonder if I am then stuck with iTunes? I like using it fine, but I've heard concerns about sound quality.

On the USB cords, PSA says as short as possible, but it would be nice to have a bit more length. Have you experimented with lengths? Cryoparts makes a 10 footer for 100 bucks or so (http://www.cryo-parts.com/usb_cable.html). Have heard good things about Locus Design and Ridge Street, but they are pretty dear, esp. as I'm not sure how the setup will look if I upgrade to the bridge.

On a less complicated note, I'm presently using the PW as DAC with a Jolida Underwood Level 1 as transport, and it sounds very appreciably better than the Jolida alone and the Musical Fidelity Underwood Level 2 I traded in on the PW. Since both players sounded pretty good to me, I'm very pleased with the PW, so far.

John
For what it's worth, I've used both "Itunes" and "Play" software on a Mac. I couldn't detect a difference. I use both toslink and usb connnections. I also cannot tell a difference switching between the two. I use Wireworld Ultraviolet High Performance USB Cable ($56 with shipping) and a Van Den Hul Optocoupler mk. II toslink cable ($119 with shipping)connected to an Airport Express.
Thanks Develyn50. I'm going to have to make iTunes work, I reckon. I seem to have heard good things about the Wireworld usb cable. J
Have others using the PW DAC noticed a bit of a "shadow" image on the touch display? I get a sort of half reflection of the volume slider beneath the actual slider. No idea whether this normal (eg, a lighting artifact) or not J
Just had a chance to test and hear the new large gauge Transparent Audio USB cable. It is awesome! It comes at a standard length of 5m which makes the setup of the units easy and flexible. It is said that it can be run up to 50 feet without loss of sonic quality. The 1-m cable sounds better than the acclaimed Belkin Gold Series and is quite affordable ($90/m).